Forage Harvester + Single Knife Drum + Hemper® header
Harvest only the fiber. Harvesting commercial hemp for fiber production you need a special desgined Hemp-Cut drum. This is a single knife drum, adjustable speed to cut the crop in different length between 1 & 2 foot. At the moment these drums are only engineered for the Claas 492 self-propelled forage harvesters. When the hemp is straight and green, and low windspeed during harvesting you can cover 4 to 5 acres per hour.
- Crop is cut in pieces of 2 to 3 foot and dropped on the soil
- Original SPFH but specially prepared for Hemp
- Hemp-Cut, single knife drum
- Hemper®️ - Rotary hemp header to harvest Bush-type and Commercial hemp
- The Hempcut is designed for the Claas 492 series (850/870/890)
The crop is left on the soil for a few weeks to open up. Then it's picked and transported to the fibre plant for the next process step.